Saturday, January 24, 2009
Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
* 2 cups unbleached flour
* 1/2 cup sugar, plus
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
* 2 eggs
* 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
* 1 c oatmeal
* 3/4 c buttermilk
* 1 container blueberries
1.Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins. Soak the oatmeal in the buttermilk
2. Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; blend well.
3.Melt butter. Turn off heat, stir in lemon juice, eggs and most of lemon zest, reserving some zest for garnish on top of muffins.
4. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients and blend until well moistened.
5. fold in blueberries and oatmeal mix
6. Spoon into greased muffin tins, sprinkle top of batter with 2 T sugar and remaining zest.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned, but do not over bake!