Monday, March 2, 2009

Carrot Stew, Carrot Stew...It's my favorite thing to do

Today I made some Carrot Coconut soup. I know I have a real recipe for it somewhere, but I just improvised, and it came out OK, if a bit thick.

This particular recipe is full of cheats, because I'm sick.

in a big pot brown 1 diced onion (or 1 c frozen chopped onion) and 4 cloves diced garlic (or use prediced in a jar)

Then brown three pounds of carrot coins (I just used three one pound bags of frozen sliced carrots) You want to cook them until they're soft.

Add one can coconut milk and 2tsp (or more) grated ginger

Add some Curry Powder (I think I added at least two tablespoons of sweet curry)

Add 4c veggie broth (I think I added less, but I'm pretty sure 4c is the correct ammount)

throw in a Bay Leaf (the veggie soup's best friend)

Cook until the carrots get really soft. Take out the bay leaf and then either use an immersion blender, or pour the soup into a blender a little at at time and puree until you get a silky soup.

Add salt and hot sauce to taste and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment