Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Potato Leek Soup


Potato Leek Soup
Originally uploaded by kel h
I've got a lot of potatoes from my CSA, and I'm sick. So I decided to make potato leek soup. This is loosely based on a recipe from Emeril, only I didn't have cream, or creme fraiche (or plain yogurt, which is what I usually use when a recipe calls for creme fraiche). I DID however have goat cheese, which added a tangy taste I liked. If you don't want to make it vegetarian, add some bacon when you melt the butter.





1 leek, trimmed and sliced
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp herbs de provance
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 lbs potatoes peeled
1 cup white wine
4 cups veggie stock
1/4-1/2 cup goat cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 dashes worcestershire sauce

melt butter in pan
cook leeks in butter
deglaze pan with wine
add stock and cheese and simmer 20 min
blend
season
nom

No comments:

Post a Comment