Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Every once in a while I get bit by the bug to make something specific. In this case it was peanut butter cookies with chocolate. I was gonna make peanut butter blossoms (where you put a Hershey's Kiss in the middle), but I got lazy and decided to just use chocolate chips. Then I decided to add some peanut butter chips for good measure. I've also been hooked on adding oatmeal to cookies for the texture. I found this recipe on Baking Bites

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I buy unsalted peanut butter so I added 1/2 tsp)
1 cup quick cook oats
1 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup all purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat)
optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350
cream butter and sugars together
add vanilla and egg
add peanut butter
add flour,oats, baking soda, and salt in batches just until combined
quickly stir in chips

roll dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 11-14 min

made 3 dozen (probably makes 4 doz, I tend to be generous in my rolling)


No comments:

Post a Comment