Sunday, April 25, 2010

Balsamic BBQ tofu over brown rice and broccoli

So, I moved to a new apartment, one that has cable! I've been watching a lot of food network, especially Alton Brown and Giada DeLaurentis. This is a recipe that she made (only she did chicken instead of tofu)

Ingredients
For the Balsamic BBQ sauce:
1 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.

I poured it over some firm tofu that I pressed and sliced into "tenders" and baked at 375 for about ten minutes (could go longer I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment