Tuesday, October 28, 2008

chocolate peanutbutter cupcakes



I am going to a cookout today at a friend's house, and I decided to bring chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. I used the Rich Chocolate Cupcake and Peanut butter Frosting recipes from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella

Preheat the oven to 325 and put your liners in the pan
chop up 3 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate and a stick of butter and put in a mixing bowl
pour 1/2 cup boiling water over butter and chocolate and let it all melt, then mix it
Add 1/2 c sour cream (or do what I do and use a half cup vanilla yogurt and then omit the vanilla in the recipe)
then mix in 2 c flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1tsp baking soda, (and if you're like me, 1/2 tsp salt)
in a separate bowl beat 2 egg whites (don't use pasteurized ones from a box because they don't stiffen) until stiff. Fold the whites into the cupcake batter.

Fill cupcake liners a little over halfway. I then sunk an unwrapped mini reeses peanut butter cup until it was slightly countersunk to the top of the batter (when it bakes it will mostly cover it, and then you frost the top. Bake for 20 min or so.

For the frosting heat 1/2 sticks butter, 4tbsp water and 2c brown sugar to a boil (I microwaved it for about 3 minutes, but my microwave is powered by small hamsters with arthritis and is kinda crappy). Stir in 1 1/3 c peanut butter and 2 tbsp vanilla. I also added approx 1 c powdered sugar and maybe 1/2 c shortning. The book says to use it warm, but what i did is let it cool and then whipped it in my mixer (i <3 href="http://pics.livejournal.com/joyfulkel/pic/00041q7e/">

No comments:

Post a Comment