Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sometimes Simple is Best...italian stir fry

Today I got my farmshare. I got green peppers, lemon cucumbers, tomatoes (OMG, local organic seasonal tomatoes are light years away from other tomato-looking things you may have been eating before), eggplant, cantaloupe, and collard greens. I also got home stupid late from work today. Exhaustion being the mother of invention, I tossed together a simple supper:

1/2 onion diced
1 pepper 1 inch dice
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tomato 1 inch dice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
6 frozen shrimp
1 pinch red pepper flakes
handful of basil sliced (chiffonade is the fancy word for it)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup leftover rice

brown the onion and garlic
add the pepper and cook until begining to brown
add tomato, rice, red pepper and basil and cook until warmed through
in grill pan, cook shrimp flipping halfway through
add shrimp to onions and peppers and then serve

Om nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment