Friday, August 20, 2010

Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding


Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding
Originally uploaded by kel h
I got some Cinnamon Bun Bread in my Trader Joe's charity pick up. It was a bit stale, so I decided to make bread pudding out of it. I used Paula Deen's recipe, but I forgot to account for the fact that it was already sweet, so I'm posting it with the sugar cut in half (and a few other changes). I also made a simple cream cheese glaze.

Ingredients

1 cup granulated sugar
5 large beaten eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups cubed cinamon raisin bread that is stale
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp maple syrup

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.

Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.

In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, butter, spices, syrup and pecans.

Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.

Frosting
1/2 pkg cream cheese
1 c powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp maple syrup

combine cream cheese and sugar
add milk and syrup until smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment